Mid June we traveled up to Wisconsin to visit our families before the big move to Atlanta. Hunter sure loved using the old "Johnny Jump Up" at Grandma Kindt's house!
There's a pond behind Joe's grandparents' home where we all went swimming (except Hunter). Sawyer was pretty amazing by putting on his little life jacket, then swimming all the way out by himself. If you've been reading the blog long enough, you'll recall the videos Sawyer getting some great swimming practice last summer in NC (the famous duck paddling). This pic just shows Joe, Sawyer, and Uncle Peter (Joe's little bro).
Back at Carrie's parents' home, Grandma gave Sawyer a ride on the horse, Jackson, where he got to ride by himself for the first time! He LOVED it!
Grandpa took Sawyer FISHING for the first time! He bought him his own little Spiderman pole and everything. Joe and I went along on the boat, but we didn't catch anything ourselves. Grandpa got a bite on his line, though, and had Sawyer come over and reel it in! It was very cool!
We also asked Grandpa to show Sawyer how a fish is cleaned. Then we ate it for dinner. I love teaching my kids this kind of real stuff.
This trip was extra special since Carrie's little bro Zach hadn't met Hunter yet. He loved him instantly- not only did he say he thinks Hunter might be cuter than Sawyer was as a baby (whoa, careful! :), but even said that Hunter makes him want to have a baby (someday- not now, right? You're only 20).






2 comments:
What's wrong with babies at 20? If I had my inishal plan I would have been married for a year already at 20, but didn't happen. I still think it's gross Sawyer touched the fish, but that might just be me. :)
Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment