Thursday, July 23, 2009

Perfect Balance

I really love living here so far. I think I've pinpointed one of the top reasons why. This is the view from the top of Windy Hill Road nearby, on my drive to the grocery store. I didn't know I'd have a "mountain view" here in Atlanta! Obviously it's no Rocky Mountain splendor (Kennesaw Mountain's elevation is 1,808 ft), but it's just enough to still give me that happy fuzzy feeling of seeing mountains during my day.


Then, look behind you and what do you see? The Atlanta city skyline. This was a hazy day, but you get the picture! I love being this close to the city, and getting to see it without being in it.



Big city perks and some mountains... and no winter? These are my favorite things! If we settle down here in a few years, all we need to do is find a house in this area on a wooded lot & I could be set for life.

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I am so glad you like it there. One day we were driving down the highway and McKenna saw a hill. It was about 10 feet high. She said, "Mountain, Mommy!" That was when I realized we needed to move to the mountains not just for my sake :)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

That's awesome that you're loving it so much! Best part of all - no winter! Enjoy it!