Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trip to Charleston, South Carolina!


We headed down to Charleston this past weekend, and it was really cool! We made a stop in Myrtle Beach for dinner at Hard Rock. We couldn't resist the cool pyramid! Myrtle beach is about an hour and a half away, right on the way to Charleston.

We arrived in Charleston! Here we are just driving around downtown a bit:


Here are Joe and Sawyer at Patriot's Point, in front of the USS Yorktown aircraft carrier (which is open for touring)


Sawyer and I in the same spot, with the cool bridge over the harbor in the background:


We arrived at Fort Sumter via a 40 minute ferry ride:


Entering Fort Sumter (check out Wikipedia if you need a recap of what Fort Sumter is, from Civil War history. I don't want to do it here):



Sawyer with a "baby gun"


Afterwards, we had lunch at a cool sandwich shop called Kennedy's downtown. I'm starting to look pregnant here, huh?


We took a carriage ride of downtown. Here's Sawyer in the barn as we waited for our departure:


Some shots of cool homes and buildings as we toured:



An actual preserved carriage house:


Sawyer enjoying hanging out the back (it's the best view of course):



Battery Park, on the harbor.





We had dinner at California Dreaming on the harbor. Great ambiance, pretty good food. Not sure if it was worth an hour and a half wait, though...

4 comments:

tracie said...

Seeing the pics of all your trips makes me want to visit the east coast!!!! You look great, by the way. You cannot tell at all.

Shanda said...

I echo Tracie! I think you look great! Looks like a fun trip! I'm so glad you were able to get away & have fun!! We have some friends that live really close to Myrtle beach. I've loved their pictures! Fun for you to be able to go there! We'll see you soon!

Kimberlee said...

Cool pictures. What a great experience you guys are having. I tried your casserole the other night by the way-it was really good! Oh and I keep getting on to play that video for McKenna of a "real" octopus.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun! David's mom grew up in Columbia, SC, and he grew up going to Myrtle Beach almost every summer. We're hopefully headed there next summer for a family reunion. It must be so cool to be where there is so much history...