On our drive back to Indiana from D.C., we stopped to tour Frank Lloyd Wright's famous house, Fallingwater (in Pennsylvania). It's preserved as a historic site, still everything in its original form and furnishings. After driving over half an hour off the interstate, nearly killing our car going through mountains and canyons, we finally arrived; and found out that kids under six aren't allowed on the tour... *hearts sink*
Luckily though, we could still do the "grounds tour" with Sawyer. We could still get up on the outdoor patios and balconies, and look in all the windows. Outside is of course the best part, so it was ok. I've never liked Frank's style of indoor decor anyway, so I wasn't disappointed with not seeing everything inside.
These stairs actually go from INDOORS, in the living room, straight down to the river so you can sit at the base. I love it! Probably not a very kid friendly option though. Maybe someday...

Balcony, hanging over the river with no support underneath:
Sawyer hit his elbow and was crying. Instead of kissing it himself, Joe told Sawyer to kiss his own elbow. Haha I'm so glad I snapped the picture in time! By the way, if any of you can actually kiss their own elbow, let me know. I'd love to see it!







4 comments:
that picture of sawyer is too cute!!!
Wow! That is a cool house! Sawyer is such a cute boy! I love how grown up he is this year! I'm glad you're here!
I love your cute blog and Sawyer is so funny! We are excited you're here and to get to know you better!
I love the picture of Sawyer trying to kiss his elbow! That is hilarious! Wow . . . that is quite the house!
Post a Comment