We only have 9 days left before we move away, possibly forever, from North Carolina. Can anyone else believe it's nearing the middle of August already? Maybe it's just me because the whole summer passed me by while I was knocked out on the couch.
Anyway, I want to make sure I take advantage of everything there is to do here while we're still here. Here's my to-do list so far:
~Watch the sun rise over the ocean
~Take a family portrait on the beach, all wearing matching khakis and white shirts (that just seems like "the dream family portrait" doesn't it? :)
~Tour the WWII Battleship that's on display in the river
~Eat at "The Oceanic" once more, an amazing restaurant where you actually eat outside on a pier OVER the beach. Plus, I had this amazing butter crusted chicken there that I'd like to eat again. And they have a great cucumber dressing on their house salad.
~Catch the perfect boogy board wave, without swallowing a half gallon of salt water in the process
~Catch a jellyfish and/or a shark
~Buy the perfect souvenir from one of the hundreds of little touristy shops... but I don't know what yet...
So it looks like I have 7 ideas and 9 days, so I just have to make sure to do one each day (except Sundays).
Any other ideas to add to the list?
Anyway, I want to make sure I take advantage of everything there is to do here while we're still here. Here's my to-do list so far:
~Watch the sun rise over the ocean
~Take a family portrait on the beach, all wearing matching khakis and white shirts (that just seems like "the dream family portrait" doesn't it? :)
~Tour the WWII Battleship that's on display in the river
~Eat at "The Oceanic" once more, an amazing restaurant where you actually eat outside on a pier OVER the beach. Plus, I had this amazing butter crusted chicken there that I'd like to eat again. And they have a great cucumber dressing on their house salad.
~Catch the perfect boogy board wave, without swallowing a half gallon of salt water in the process
~Catch a jellyfish and/or a shark
~Buy the perfect souvenir from one of the hundreds of little touristy shops... but I don't know what yet...
So it looks like I have 7 ideas and 9 days, so I just have to make sure to do one each day (except Sundays).
Any other ideas to add to the list?






1 comment:
I don't have any extra ideas for you....your list looks pretty complete....but do you want an alive or dead jellyfish? I think I found a dead one when I was there:) ENJOY your time!!!! Wish I could be there with you. I'm actually in North Platte, NB right now at a hotel, fortunately with the Internet. Hey, make sure you watch plenty of the Olympics while you try to do all those fun things on your list!!! Thanks for sharing those pictures from Charleston as well.
Post a Comment