We were so happy that we were able to squeeze in a trip to D.C. on our way home from North Carolina last week! It was mine & Sawyer's first time there, but Joe has been before (he has had family out there nearby). A BIG BIG thank you to Joe's aunt and uncle for letting us stay in their home in Silver Spring, even though they were out of town!

Joe feeding a squirrel M&M's. Haha :)

Beautiful engravings on the WWII Monument.

Part of the WWII Monument that blew us away. Each star on the wall represents 100 U.S. deaths (click on the pic to make it bigger).


Washington Monument:
Dinner at the Red Rock Canyon Grille in Silver Spring, MD. It was our first time there, and it was great food & service. In the big opening behind Joe, there was a live band playing guitar, bass, steel drums & bongos.









4 comments:
Fun Pictures! I love DC! What a way to end the summer!
WOW!! That is one of the trips I really wanted to do while we were out East... unfortuantely, Notre Dame didn't really allow for a lot of touring around the country... Looks like you guys had fun!
How many days were you in DC? We found a week there wasn't nearly enough time - it's a great trip!
Jenny
I just noticed what your T-shirt says (the one in front of the Washington Monument) and I do have to say that it is awesome!
Post a Comment