Sunday, August 10, 2008

Coloring & Funnel Cakes!


Well, I had one of those inevitable firsts: Sawyer finally colored on a wall. I was always so proud when I'd hear other moms tell their stories of their kids doing this, but Sawyer never had... turns out he was just a ticking time bomb. Luckily I caught him right at the start, and then made him have to scrub it (well, as much as a 2 1/2 year old can, then I took over and finished the job while he sat in time out). Here he is scrubbing.

The other night we felt like a treat, but didn't know what. I remembered seeing a recipe for funnel cakes in that new e-mailed "famous recipe" cookbook that was being forwarded around, so we gave those a try.


My first home made funnel cake! I've gotta say, it kinda takes the magic out of the county fair now. Kind of like if you start buying cotton candy at the grocery store... that's just wrong. There are certain foods you should always have to pay $5 or more for, and only at fairs and baseball games. I've seen how the magic trick was performed, and it ruined it. It still tasted good, though... but not AS good...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooooo..... funnel cakes, i think you have just caused a craving!! They look really good.