Happy December! How exciting that it's December 1st already! Christmas decorating time!
So, I'm needing some advice on the best books out there to teach new baby to sleep through the night. I didn't read anything with Sawyer, besides the little tips in What to Expect the First Year, and Sawyer didn't sleep through the night until nearly a year old. Very frustrating. I was hoping to have a better experience with the next baby. Any tips on books to get, or books to avoid? Thanks!






6 comments:
Good question!!! I will be checking the comments on your post for me as well . . .
Melia gave me a book at the shower called "Babywise." She said she absolutely loves it. I have read it so you can totally borrow it if you want.
I read Babywise & I didn't like it. But with every book, the best thing to do is read it, see if it works, but don't treat it like the bible. Some things work for some kids, some things don't. Larissa Kindred likes Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby. I have heard a lot of people who like that book, and the Pediatricians actually recommend it when you ask about getting your child to sleep. Good luck!
I'll just repost my facebook comment (Oh, and no offense Melia, I wrote this before I even noticed anyone said you loved Babywise).
I LOVE "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp. Love it, love it, love it. I was given Babywise, and suggest that book be burned, and the ashes scattered over the ocean. Of course, that is my opinion (and also the opinion of many pediatricians). Go to http://www.thehappiestbaby.com/
Also, the library has the DVD (you can watch it and understand it in 30 minutes!) Again, I love it.
I've heard Nyquil works.... just kidding...
I can't believe how close you are getting! Do you so hate posting baby bump pictures? If not, it would be fun to see. I hope you are feeling well. And I don't have any advice on books. Sorry, but I'll just pray that your new baby boy will just sleep good ;)
I really liked "The Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg... she has a lot of good tips on everything baby (and toddler).
Post a Comment