Friday, December 19, 2008

Pre-Christmas Activities!

Grandma bought us some train cookie cutters, so I couldn't resist breaking them out to make Christmas cookies. Sawyer was so excited to finally use them, as he'd been looking at them in the kitchen drawer for weeks.

Here are Daddy & Sawyer with some of the cookies they'd decorated (we made sure Sawyer didn't slobber on any of the ones for other people, don't worry). We made up plates of them and went Christmas carolling last night. Sawyer is really good at the chorus of "Jingle Bells"! It's wicked cute. And he jingled some bells as we sang. Good memories!
Tonight we decorated individual graham cracker "gingerbread" houses that I'd put together this afternoon during Sawyer's nap. I figured Sawyer was too little to work on building & waiting for it to dry, but would probably enjoy the decorating! He did... for about 4 minutes... then just ate the candy for the other 45 minutes while Joe and I worked on our houses.

Our finished products (left to right: Sawyer, Joe, Carrie):

Fun fun Christmas stuff! We love having Joe off school to play with us!

1 comment:

The Hawkins said...

Cute. Christmas is so fun with kids.