Thursday, November 13, 2008

IT WORKS!

The used, $10 full sized pc monitor, hooked up to our old laptop WORKS!
On our laptop, the problem was that the screen went completely out (it would just fade in and out of splotchy white patches). We took it into the on campus IT guys & he said that's typical for Dells when they get old (a tip if you're buying a new laptop soon). He said the computer itself isn't broken, just the monitor, so we could pick up a used monitor to hook up to it and it should work.
Ten dollars later.... I'm back online! Thanks to Shanda for taking me to the store where they had around 75 used monitors lined up on shelves for $10-$20. You know it's a real friend when they realize the importance of SAHMs having their own computer & do whatever it takes to help out.
Now we just have a huge monitor to deal with... we don't even own a desk... and we probably shouldn't keep it on the kitchen table like I have it now... plus in about 60 days we'll be setting up a bunch more big baby stuff all over the apartment... this apartment will get real small, real fast!
ANYWAY, some fun news: We have the second, more detailed ultrasound tomorrow morning! I can't wait to finally come home with some little pics of our baby! My favorites are the little face profile shots. It'll also feel good to CONFIRM in a more detailed ultrasound that it's a boy. You know, now that I've completed the baby boy blanket...

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Too bad you didn't post about needing a monitor. I'm sure we have one sitting around here somewhere. Glad you're back to blogging.

Annalisa and Vance said...

I must see pictures! After your last post, I was worried about how long it might be for me to see an update on your blog! You know how I can't live without your updates:) Let us know how the ultrasound went...

Mike and Jenny said...

Same thing happened to my laptop last spring, still haven't sent it in to get fixed because it was like 1 month past the warranty - of course! But it was so frustrating! Glad you have a solution in the mean time.

Shanda said...

Yay! You're back online! It really is amazing/sad how much our lives revolve around the internet! That is how everyone communicates now! I'm glad I could help! Anything for a great friend right!? :)