Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baby Knitting Craze!

Well, I think I pinpointed one of the reasons I put on extra weight last month. Aside from: 1- it got cold out, so we're not playing outside anymore; 2- we went to WI for fall break and ate out nearly every day; 3- I got super emotional out of the blue and most anything that could be interpreted as sad/upsetting would make me cry (and I'm an emotional eater, so do the math there); 4- I started feeling REALLY pregnant/big physically, so stopped being as active as I had been.
But the NEW reason I just pinpointed is THIS: The knitting. It seems that in the course of one month I knit the entire baby blanket, and about 4 different hats... I wonder if anyone's invented a knitting project timer yet, so you can actually time how long it took to make each project... I'm guessing this was practically part-time-job-type-hours of just sitting on the cushy couch.
ANYWAY, here is the new baby's blanket I knit! Since Sawyer's blanket is so baby blue and white, I thought I'd do something less traditional than normal baby hues. I imagined up this little number instead (it's about 3x3 feet):

Go Irish! Navy and gold (well, the goldest gold tone I could find in yarn) baby beanie with curlies on top (I just made that word up... I don't know what they're called).

And one classic fuzzy blue and cream newborn sized hat:


I'm addicted to knitting!




9 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the blanket! Did you add the edge after? I'm addicted to knitting too, and sewing, and creating in general.
I'm sure you can't wait to wrap your baby up and put on those cute hats.

tracie said...

Those beanies are so cute. I swear it's impossible to find any cute ones and we live in Denver!!!

Annalisa and Vance said...

Carrie,

I knew you could knit sweaters, scarfs (last Christmas:) blankets, but this is new..the hats. They are really adorable. Looks like something I might wear:)

The Blackburn Family said...

impressive!! You did a great job and they look great.

Anonymous said...

So cute! Maybe I need to take this up as a hobby...is it possible to teach yourself how to knit?

Kindt Family said...

Totally teach yourself to knit! www.knittinghelp.com teaches every little thing by videos- it's great! Just go pick up a skein of yarn and a pair of knitting needles for $2.50 from Walmart (there are lots of different sizes, so pick up needles that are size 8,9,10 or so for learning).

Mike and Jenny said...

I'm sure it's fun to have something occupy your time. A lady in our ward in Utah used to knit baby hats that looked like fruit - they were really cute. And our old neighbor Ruth used to knit little white sweaters/cardigans for the baby blessings. Also really cute.

Christina said...

Carrie = you are one talented knitter! The blanket and hats look so great! Your little baby boy is going to look so cute in these!

Shanda said...

So cute!! So So So Cute! I think that is a great hobby! You have a lucky little guy coming to your home!