Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Addiction

I love being a member of the LDS church for so many reasons, and one of them is that we've been instructed by current and past prophets not to use harmful substances: alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, etc... How beautiful it is to never have to worry about dealing with a very real addiction to something like that!
We still find things to get addicted to.
Our computer stopped working yesterday afternoon. It's been less than 24 hours, and I have completely been freaking out, not being able to get on the internet. My brain and body are seriously feeling physical symptoms of panic, nervousness, anxiety- isn't that insane?!
I want to check my mail, I have 2 e-mails I need to send, I have something I was bidding on on Ebay, I had to order something on Amazon, I want to check comcast tv listings to see if House is new tonight, I want to find a recipe, I want to find a knitting pattern... so much of my life revolves around being able to jump on our computer! It's hard to believe that we didn't even HAVE internet for 2 years of our marriage, only around a year ago.
SO, that's why I won't be online for awhile. If ever. I guess I can come to the community center more often... I'll miss you, blog!

1 comment:

The Schaefers said...

how sad! I love reading your blog! Get a new computer!