Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Good Times at Home

Joe wasn't feeling well the other day, so he studied in the bedroom instead of heading to school. If you can imagine, this doesn't work very well since Sawyer LOVES his daddy! He was banging on the bedroom door over and over again screaming "DADDY! COME EEEEN! DADDY!" I did my best to talk him out of it, but finally Joe gave in. He let Sawyer come in, only if he sat in bed with him, reading books too.
Sawyer looked at the way Joe was sitting, and said "I need a pillow". So, Joe offered one of the two pillows he was leaning on. A moment later, Sawyer said "I need two pillows". So, Joe gave Sawyer the other pillow (leaving Joe with nothing). Sawyer stayed that way for a moment, looked at Joe, and said "Daddy needs a pillow", giving one back!


I made banana bread, and Sawyer was nice enough to help me out. Of course, he started by going to the drawer with the beaters & grabbed one, then pushed his stool over the counter, ready to scoop some dough onto his beater (cookie dough style- Dad usually gets the honors of licking the beaters). Unfortunately, he didn't get to do that, but he did get to smash bananas for me & loved it!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Golly! What a great idea to let the wee one mash the bananas, Chayce would love that. I'm going to have to copy you.