Sunday, April 6, 2008

At the Opera!

For my birthday back in February, Joe bought us tickets to the opera (as I hinted back in autumn). The Metropolitan Opera in New York broadcasts the shows live to select movie theaters, including one on Notre Dame campus. We saw "La Boheme" yesterday afternoon, and it was fantastic! The singing, acting, orchestra, and sets were absolutely stunning. It's such a unique experience to be pulled into a complete world of music for 3 1/2 hours. The story of love was very powerful, leaving me in tears at the end. Even Joe enjoyed the experience! I would definitely recommend everyone seeing an opera at some time, and "La Boheme" was a great one to start with.

1 comment:

Annalisa and Vance said...

Wow, a real opera. It is so interesting how movies/plays etc can get us so emotionally involved, even enough to cry! So glad you got to see that! Maybe one day I will too.