Tuesday, April 1, 2008

APRIL FOOLS!

I woke up this morning after Joe had already gone to school (like usual). As I opened the bedroom door to go get Sawyer from his room, it was stuck shut. I pulled harder and it came undone, slowly and loudly... and stickily... he had taped the door shut with strips of scotch tape! See, those are the kinds of jokes I can handle: enough that you notice it and get a little smile out of it, but not enough to actually make me pee my pants because I can't get to the bathroom soon enough. I really hate pranks because you're doing something mean to make a person feel bad for your own laughs. I guess I just don't get why I feel so alone on thinking that's wrong to do.

P.S.- Joe also taped the laptop shut (he knows I like to check my e-mail in the morning while Sawyer eats breakfast).

I still couldn't help but have flashbacks to when I was a leader at girls camp the summer I was pregnant with Sawyer: Girls sneaked through our camp in the middle of the night and zip-tied all of our tents shut (you know, through the holes in the ends of the zippers that come together when you shut it). Pregnant ladies need to use the restroom several times a night, and I had no scissors or knife in my tent with me, and everyone was sleeping, so... yada yada yada... my tent door was held shut by clothespins the rest of the week.

Anyway, I had to think of a way to get Joe with something while he was at school all day/night, so I found this internet 'prank':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23qDl1aH9l4

Check it out.

No comments: