I've always wanted to be able to run like the kids in cross country, but I've just never been able to run long distances. I realized that I'm not getting any younger (or fitter), so I'd better do it NOW! I've been casually running (but still splitting it with power walking) on the treadmill for several months, but now I'm stepping it up. I've started an official program designed to train myself to become a runner, and I'm EXCITED! Within about 9 more weeks, I should be able to run a solid 1/2 hour, which has never EVER been done before! My goal is to run a 5K in the fall. I can't go my entire life without getting at least ONE of those cool free t-shirts with local businesses covering the back! Haha
I post this on my blog so that I'm forced to go through with it! I'm not strong enough to make fitness promises just to myself! Please share your running tips if you have them!
I post this on my blog so that I'm forced to go through with it! I'm not strong enough to make fitness promises just to myself! Please share your running tips if you have them!






2 comments:
I want to run with you! Here is my commitment! Yay, now to talk Dan into a jogging stroller...
It's great that you want to run. I was never much of a runner after middle school, but I always found it easier to run when I had a destination in mind... even if it was going in circles around a park! It made me feel like I actually acomplished something... and now I run for an hour most days.. :) Good luck! I imagine it's harder to find the time as a mother!
Post a Comment