Well, I feel like I'm missing something amazing that I should make sure to do before having a second child. Aside from continuous cleaning and home preparations, "stocking up" on rest (I wish sleep worked that way...), and going out on a few dates with Joe while we only have to find a sitter for ONE kid, I'm kinda out of ideas. Maybe that is enough, though. I've accomplished nearly all of those things, though, and I still have 5 days left. If I JUST sit around resting for 5 days I'll go crazy. Give me your ideas, please!
You know what, though? Last night I had a fantastic dream where I was holding my new baby boy. Then this morning I woke up by having Sawyer come into my room with his blankie and crawl up into bed with me to snuggle for about 15 minutes before getting up (Joe is gone for Scouts). It sure was wonderful and made me so grateful to be a mom! Maybe my list should just be to spend more time snuggling Sawyer before the baby takes over. He's the coolest.






2 comments:
Ya know, as I think about life with two kids, I realize that the biggest bummer is I never feel like I have enough time for each individual child. If I could go back, I would have been more aware of the time I had with just Adalyn. I think you've got it right- enjoy Sawyer! Not that you won't ever have time for him, it's just different when there's two...
I would ditto on the time with Sawyer. Maybe even have a "date" with him. I love planned dates with just me and each child.
Post a Comment