So, it's less than 10 days now. It's next Friday. Surgery... Hospital... Two Kids... No Sleeping... excuse my language, but, HOLY MOLY!
I had an appointment yesterday, and I'm already dilated nearly a centimeter. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions extremely often (5-10 a day ever since the car accident, and dozens a day since Sunday), so I was kinda expecting it. I just hope I don't go into labor for real! Hear that, baby? Stay in until next Friday, when the doctor takes you out!
I absolutely cannot wait to meet this little guy! It's still so weird thinking that he'll be an entirely different person from Sawyer. Part of me keeps envisioning a Sawyer repeat, but that won't be the case I'm sure. I bet he'll be wicked cute though, and I can't wait to cuddle a newborn again. I don't really hold other people's babies, just my own, so it's been awhile.
So I have my lists of stuff to get done before next Friday. I made separate lists of things to get ready for baby, to do around the home, to do for family, errands to run, and finally a list of stuff to do for myself. Here's my list, and help me if you think there's anything else that should be added to it:
For Mom:
-Cut & Color Hair
-More Dates with Joe
-Create a diet/workout plan for after baby
-Buy new slippers, for in hospital
-Mani/Pedi
-Pick and read a book on newborn sleep training






4 comments:
two children are definately different than one. but the good thing you have going on is, Sawyer is old enough to help a bit, get diapers, wipes, throw diaper away, things like that. And he understands a little bet there is going to be a change and you can hopefully reason with him.
And good thing the baby will sleep a lot so you will still have one on one time with sawyer to break him into the change.
I think besides sleep you will be able to manage for the first few months. Once baby starts moving then a whole new dynamic happens because they both will be getting into trouble.
I wouldn't trade it for anything, drives me crazy having two so close and moving in opposite directions but it is sure fun to be entertained by them.
can't wait to see the new addition.
MASSAGE!
Read a book!! Stay up late!! Take a shower!! (lol)
What a great idea . . . I should consider getting a haircut and color. You are so prepared!!
Post a Comment