Thursday, January 22, 2009

One More Blankie for our Baby Boy...

So... I have an addiction. I love turning yarn into things.

I had knit that blue, brown & cream striped blanket last fall, and I loved the result, but it ended up being pretty big and chunky. It's more of a crib blanket, instead of a "blankie" that a little guy would be able to drag around with him. I decided to make something a little smaller and thinner. A friend had just taught me how to crochet, so I was excited to try it out and make a project on my own. The edging may have made it a little too frilly/delicate looking, but it was fun to do (you can't do stuff like that with knitting).

3 comments:

Shanda said...

Very cute! I love it! Will you teach me how to do that edge?

Christina said...

Totally not too frilly! It is perfect!

Mike and Jenny said...

Cute! Seems like we never talk to you guys - wondering if the name is a 'secret' this time too or are you sharing?