Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'M PETER PAY-AN!


Sawyer loves being Peter Pan! He saw the movie once, after I bought it from a library sale, and he was hooked.

We found a Peter Pan costume at the Halloween store, but it cost $26... for a raggedy piece of green fabric and a hat with a feather? No no, can't do that. We went to Jo-Anne's next door and I picked up this perfect fabric on sale for $3.99/yd (and only needed one yard). Some foam for the hat base, a pack of red feathers, a slice of pleathery type fabric for the belt, and a pack of sew-on-snaps= $12. Plus, the joy I get from doing my own projects for my family (even if the costume did turn out too big; better that, than too small).
Here's Sawyer with some buddies at the ward Halloween party.
Sawyer and Mommy Bee (my $6 costume, I'm pretty happy with it).
For family home evening, we decorated our 3 pumpkins. We opted for painting this year instead of carving. Sawyer decorated the one he'd picked out at Matthy's farm, Joe decorated the white pumpkin from Grandpa, and I painted the pumpkin that grew in our garden this summer (the one and only- but I'm still happy with it!)

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

I have been a little out of touch the past month but it just donned on me that you must know the gender of your baby so I had to get on to find out. I am so excited for all of you, but especially Sawyer. He will love having a brother. And now you can re-use all your clothes plus buy them matching outfits. YAY! PS-cute Halloween costumes!

Anonymous said...

Go Carrie! I would never be brave enough to think I could actually make it myself- but seriously, $26? That's crazy. You did a fabulous job though! You'll see my attempt at "homemade" costume when I get my camera back- not so impressive. Nice bee costume too- did you make that as well?

Stacy Stoddard said...

you did a great job with the costume, and so what if it is a little big, he will have so much fun wearing through out the year and wouldn't it be great if he wants to be he same thing next year, you won't have to spend a dime.