Hahaha I had a great laugh at something Sawyer said today. Let me give you a little background. After a time out, I ask Sawyer "What did you learn?", after which he replies enthusiastically with whatever the situation was, i.e., "Listen to Mom!", "Don't hit people!", etc.
Situation: The phone rang, and Sawyer ran over to it. I called out "Don't touch the phone" (he's never allowed to play with the phone). For some reason this time he still grabbed the handset, then dropped it back down on the hook, thus hanging up on the person. I sent him to time out.
When I retrieved him from time out and asked him what he learned, he had a touch of dislexia & replied:
"Listen to the phone, and don't talk to Mom!"
I wish he were old enough to explain to him how what he said was funny & enjoy the moment together, but oh well; I still laughed out loud and will share it with you.






3 comments:
That's funny. THanks for sharing! By the way, I love your blog's new template and colors...
that is funny. Sawyer is a funny kid. I too like the new blog look. And almost a family of 4? you guys are old!!!
I am so glad that you wrote this incident down . . . Garrett and I were just talking about how we need to remember all of the sweet/funny things are kids will say. Sawyer will love hearing about it when he is old enough to understand. Too Cute!
Post a Comment