Thursday, September 4, 2008

All Grown Up!

My baby! It broke my heart to take his crib apart and tuck it away. The original plan was to keep him in his crib until graduation & moving away from Notre Dame. He slept so well at night and still took a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon, I didn't want to disturb him.
Unfortunately, the little boy is practically begging to be potty trained.
It turns out, you can't have a potty trained boy who's still zipped into a crib at night. He needs to be able to get out to go potty.
Hence, the crib had to go.
I made sure to get a bed that would remind him of his crib, to (hopefully) not upset his sleeping patterns as much. Last night (his first night) was a complete success! Joe put him to bed, and he didn't get up even once.


We'll make sure he has a week or so to adjust to sleeping well in a new bed, and then get started on the official potty training. I'm going to attempt the "one day" program & see how it goes. Ulgh- I've kinda been dreading this. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised...

2 comments:

Annalisa and Vance said...

Love the bed for Sawyer. In the picture he looks pretty proud of it. I have NO advice for you as far as potty training.....good luck! I'm sure it will go alright. Come on, he's got excellent blood!!

Shanda said...

Its hard watching your baby grow up huh!? He looks very happy!