So, you all know that I had the flu, and then I was dehydrated... but even after those things were wrapped up, I continued to be sick. Turns out there's something more serious going on: I have, what the doctors call, a BABY on the way! Due February 11th (Sawyer's birthday is February 12th)! This will inevitably be a c-section like the first, so the baby will probably be pulled out a week or two before the due date (more like Joe's birthday, January 29th). We'll be a family of 4 with all of our birthdays within 2 weeks of each other! Hope we can afford all those birthday parties right after Christmas!
Seriously, we feel extremely blessed. I always wanted kids 3 year apart (it didn't have to be THIS literally, but still, how cool is it to get what you ask for)! The only hard thing is being so extremely sick with this pregnancy. I wasn't that sick with Sawyer (sickness would always clear up by lunch), so the doctors were a little concerned, checking for other problems. They didn't find anything, but I did have the "comfort" of being told one theory could be that it's "multiples". Ahh! Well, the ultrasound that falls around 20 weeks will be the end of September, so check back then! For now, I'm just taking all of the meds and supplements that the doctor gave me, and hoping and praying that this sickness wraps up at the end of the first trimester (end of this month-ish).






9 comments:
Congratulations!! (I knew it!! :)) We are soooo happy for you!! I hope you aren't as sick for the whole thing. That is such awesome news!!!!
Congrats to you and Joe and Sawyer!!!! We are so happy for you. Looking forward to the update in September.
Congratulations, Carrie! Ken and I are so happy for you. Plus it keeps the pressure off us for a little longer. However Lisa has recently requested a constant stream of nieces and nephews from the two of us from now on!
OH MY GOSH!!!! YAY!!! It could be multiples, it could also be a girl (I've heard you tend to be more sick with girls & I for one can vouch that I was VERY sick with my girls!) We're so happy for you! I can't wait to see cute Pregnant Carrie! How fun! & How fun that we will be there to help! If it makes you feel any better one of our friends who was dehydrated & in the hospital just had twins...girls...Bless your heart! :) This is so exciting!
Congratulations!!! That is very exciting news. Always nice to hear that one is sick for such a good reason. (though being sick is never good news....)
Wow! What a wonderful reason to feel crummy! I am so happy for you guys!!
Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations! I am absolutely thrilled for you! Our babies will likely be born near the same time. Our due date is January 28. I sure hope you start feeling better soon! You are most definitely in our thoughts and prayers!
How exciting. I will have to say it is kind of hard having 2 but I agree with you they should be 3 years apart. That would make it easier. Hope you get feeling better.
Congrats! that is so exciting. can't wait to find out if there is one or more than one.
Post a Comment