Friday, July 25, 2008

Banana Bread!

So, I had 3 bananas turning brown on the counter, and lo and behold, that's the exact number you generally need for banana bread. Even with being sick, I thought I'd give baking a try, and I'm glad I did! I've made this recipe once before, and it's SO GOOD I definitely thought it was worth sharing (and easy)! Throw out your old banana bread recipes, this one's taking over for moistness, sweetness, gooeyness....

3/4 C. Butter
1 & 1/2 C. Sugar
1 & 1/2 C. Bananas, smashed (3)
2 Beaten Eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Buttermilk (I actually just have used the fattiest milk I have on hand at the time, but I'm guessing this original buttermilk that it calls for is a tad better)

***Cream butter & sugar. Blend in bananas. Add eggs & vanilla. Sift dry ingredients in separate bowl, and then add to mixture alternating with milk. Bake in 2 greased loaf pans for 1 hour.***

4 comments:

masonandtara2 said...

Ok so where is the picture!! J/K I love banana bread thanks for sharing

Kindt Family said...

Sorry no pic! Where we're living right now they didn't have any loaf pans... I ended up having to bake the batter in a cake pan. A pic of that would've just been weird & confusing. :)

Kimberlee said...

Ok I'm gonna try it. I have a whole bunch of bananas--I know we won't eat the in time. I'll let you know what I think

Annalisa and Vance said...

Carrie,

Maybe you could ship some of your yummy banana bread to me.....345 Windingbr... just kidding.

I noticed the progress meter for your baby! Ruth and I got a ruler out to see how much 2.5 inches looks like. So I always forget, when do you find out the gender?