Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tour of Downtown Wilmington!

Here are some cool pics we took when we went to check out downtown on Saturday. The downtown area is really cool, all along the Cape Fear River. Here is what the street looks like driving into the downtown area, a canopy of trees draped with Spanish moss:


This fountain is in the middle of a downtown intersection (with the cool southern plantation style home in the background on the corner):


One of the downtown streets was closed off to traffic (but not pedestrians, cool enough) because a movie was being filmed on it! We asked the police officers who were working security on the set, and they say this happens in Wilmington all of the time! How cool! He couldn't think of any big productions, but he did know that this is where Dawson's Creek was filmed.


Every Saturday there is a farmer's market held on this street along the river. There was a live band playing under that white tent, and you can see the huge battleship in the river in the background (that's now a historic ship just for touring I believe).


We're sitting at the top of the stairs where I took the last picture view from ^. We love it here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun place to be. It looks really pretty there. (I used to love Dawson's Creek;))

Nathan and Emily said...

Beautiful! I can't even count how many times I watched Cape Fear, I would be terrified of Robert DeNiro jumping out at me any mintue!

tracie said...

We're in Castle Rock, just south of Highlands Ranch. Looks like Wilmington is treating you guys nicely!!!!! Enjoy the water for us!!!!