We finally found our dream house! And bought it. :) We're really grateful & feel ridiculously blessed and undeserving to have found everything we'd hoped for! It's farther from the city than we'd wanted to go, but we just felt like it was "the one". Inspections and repairs are done & the billions of papers are signed- we even bought some of their furniture from them- so now we just sit tight until closing day on March 25th!
The absolute best yard we'd seen in our two years of house searching (space to play, garden, and have woods & privacy). I can't wait to see it all GREEN for the first time!
Entry:
I didn't get a pic with the entire kitchen, but this one shows the most. We're so excited to have space to all fit in the kitchen together! And to entertain!
There is also a separate GUEST ROOM for you, so please come visit us anytime!
It turns out it was totally worth it to wait! We rented for nearly 4 years after grad school (plus of course 2 years of renting during grad school). It was hard waiting, especially watching our rowdy boys be stuck in apartments, but we knew we didn't want to buy a starter house, and then change later on. We just wanted to have one house/property to settle down in, to start gardening, to make ALL our memories in. We don't plan on moving. I'm sure life & career could throw us wherever, but for now we'd just like to keep the romantic dream of staying in one spot until we're old & gray. :) So we payed down student debt, saved, and watched the local real estate like a HAWK, waiting for the dream house to come along. And it finally did, right when all the stars were aligned financially as well. Couldn't have worked out much better.
(again: please come visit us now that we have room for you!)
If you're interested in seeing more pics, I created a separate page/post with a lot more. I just didn't want to overflow my blog on this post; just wanted to show the highlights.
Click Here to See More House Pics!
If you're interested in seeing more pics, I created a separate page/post with a lot more. I just didn't want to overflow my blog on this post; just wanted to show the highlights.
Click Here to See More House Pics!






12 comments:
Congrats on the house! I know you guys have been waiting to buy forever! It looks enormous, but I guess since you don't want to move, ever, it makes perfect sense! Hope it is everything you wanted and more!
It is absolutely gorgeous!! I am so excited and happy for y'all. We're doing the waiting game too post-grad life for the same reasons. So for a bit while longer I'll have to live vicariously through you :P
Congrats! It's a beautiful house!
Congrats!!!! It looks beautiful.
BEAUTIFUL!!! We will be coming to play in your backyard :)
So so so beautiful! I am so excited that you found your perfect house! We definitely need to come for a visit! Yay!!
Congratulations, Carrie! That house looks amazing!!!! And the best part for me would be feeling settled. Congrats again!
Congratulations! You deserve it. It's beautiful. Will yo still be in the papermill ward?
Could it be any more perfect? LOVE IT! So happy for you guys!
Happy for you guys! Fun to see pictures! I'll have to follow your blog to stay up to date once you guys are in a new ward...you will be missed!
PS I blog too :) trevorandkatelyn.blogspot.com
That place looks amazing! I can't wait to visit. :)
Post a Comment