Saturday, February 9, 2013

Joe's Birthday!

Joe, somehow, turned 32 this year.  I can't believe I'm married to a 32 year old guy.  I thought I married a 23 year old...?  I wonder if it'll ever click that we're old.
 
Joe and I have had the tradition since our first year of marriage that he requests a specific cake/dessert for me to make.  It's something unorthodox & majorly different from year to year.  It started mildly with a request for four layer chocolate cake.  The next year it escalated to a raspberry trifle.  After that he upped the anti to a cake that looks like a hamburger (my personal favorite to make).  Others since then have been a Reeses peanut butter cake & a MEGA four layer chocolate cake.
 
This year he wanted a cake that looked like a BBQ Chicken Pizza (since that's his favorite dinner that I make from scratch- the real pizza, not a pizza cake).
 
How'd I do??  Haha :)  Joe's sister, Kelsey, was in town visiting from Indiana, and she majorly helped me.  Getting the sauce the right shade of red/brown to be BBQ sauce was the hardest part!
 

Joe's birthday was gorgeous outside- just under 70* & partly cloudy.  Amazing for JANUARY!  He wanted to spend the afternoon outside, so he came home from work early and we all drove down to Centennial Park with our frisbee and soccer ball.


Joe wanted to eat burgers at Five Guys on the way home from the park, and then we had his cake back at home with the cousins and our BFFs the Schlossers.


No comments: