Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Atlanta Kindt House!!

I didn't want to flood my blog 'showing off' my house (that feels kind of weird), but I'm also an HGTV junkie so I understand all of my friends/family who just like seeing more pics & details of houses. :) That's why I made this separate post that I could link you back to.  It might come in handy for myself as well, when I look back years from now to see what my children have all destroyed since it was new & beautiful.  Haha :) Or just the differences that will happen along the way, as we make it our own.
 
 
The crowning glory: 2.53 acres of land! Grassy backyard, long flat driveway at the end of a cul de sac, then tons of woods which include a stream.  Near total privacy.  I think it will be absolutely heavenly.  The main thing we wanted was a property that would facilitate an outdoor-living lifestyle, to keep our kids off the video games & TV.  We'll be putting in vegetable gardens, a fire pit, and planting at least one Magnolia tree (my favorite thing in Georgia).  :)
 
 
The double door, stone entrance blows my mind & is one of my favorite things.  I absolutely LOVE IT. 


Master Bedroom.  It's painted the same color as the color we painted the master bedroom in our first house in Wisconsin (8 years ago!)! :)


Master bath:


Second floor laundry, by all the bedrooms.  Heavenly!!!  I'm really clumsy & bad at stairs, so this is a massive, ginormous dream to me.


Guest bedroom with small bath:


Bonus/Media room upstairs (no doors, just open space upstairs).  They painted it in a poker room theme to match their poker table colors.  We'll use it for the boys' play room. I'm ok with the green, but I'll just want to paint that trim back to white to match the rest of the house again. :)


This will be the boys' room.  They'll still share since they're little with bunk beds. They love being together & giggling all night.  When they're bigger/older/sick of eachother, there is a jack-n-jill bathroom attached here, so a boy can just go across to the other bedroom that's basically identical.


Living/Family room (main space across from kitchen):


Seriously looking forward to a pantry & double ovens!!!  But what do Mormons use the wine rack for? ;)  We'll probably just put in fun soda bottles or bottled water. Any other ideas? 



We actually bought this dining room set.  They gave us a great deal like they just wanted to unload it, so we're incredibly grateful that we'll have something in that room!  Otherwise it might've been awhile & looked ridiculous being empty.  :)  Their style is exactly what we would've all done anyway, so we're very grateful we don't have any big changes to make!

 
Backyard, from back by the edge of the woods:


It's a tiny stream, but it's a stream!  The water is moving!  :)  It grows wider in some spots, but this is basically how big it is, & you can see our house in the center, back through the woods.



9 comments:

tracie said...

Congrats once again. You'll love your double ovens and never want to go back.

Shanda said...

Oh Carrie, I love love love it!!! We totally need to come visit!!! Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys!!! I'm with you on sharing bedrooms. I'm so grateful my girls still love each other enough to share a room. Someday they will want their own but it's fun right now to sit outside their door and hear them giggle. I hope march goes by fast for y'all!!

Denise said...

Looks wonderful. Hope all goes well with the move. Congratulations!

Jillian said...

YAY!!! It's beautiful! Having land and garden is so nice. Enjoy it!

Jillian @ Hi! It's Jilly said...

Land and a stream in the woods...that's our dream, too!! Maybe we'll have to find a job after residency in Georgia and be your neighbors. ;)

phiababy said...

It is just beautiful. I too am bad with stairs.. so I love that the laundry is upstairs for ease. :)

Your hard work and perseverance paid off.

I hope you have a house-warming party!

The Schaefers said...

What a wonderfully beautiful home! I personally love all the pics! Keep them coming with how you decorate! Congrats on owning your first home! First home purchase should be a riding lawn mower ;)

Laurie said...

Carrie, I loved seeing all of the pictures of your new home. It's fabulous. It's worth the wait, isn't it. I have quite a few friends who've admitted that they settled for something less than ideal because they were tired of waiting. About the wine rack, I removed it and place decorative things there.

Hurst Family said...

Carrie, congratulations on the home. From our village days I'm sure the kitchen will be put to good use with all of your wonderful treats highlighted of course by birthday cakes for the gentlemen of the house. An idea about the wine rack was dish towels, hot pads, place mats, or even supplies for the in kitchen office space