Saturday, October 30, 2010

Goodbye Subie, It's Been Nice...

Well, we really said goodbye to the Subaru this past Tuesday. We gave it to a family at church who really needed a vehicle. It was great to have such a simple exchange, without worrying about 'if someone will buy it before we go'.
I bought my Sube when I was 19. The only car I've ever owned. I put 108,000 miles on it over 8.5 years. It's broken down on us three times, but two of those were within the last year. Lots of buttons were falling off, lots more rattles were starting, and there were two new oil leaks. It was time to be DONE. Sorry, Sube. We appreciate you holding on for so long; we only asked you to last through grad school, but you held on for a year and a half beyond it! :)

It was still a little sad to say goodbye. I brought 2 babies home from the hospital in this car. But boy, this made us really appreciate our NEW car!

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

You're so generous to just give the car to a family that needs it!

Ashley said...

That is pretty awesome of you guys! I hope our Subie makes it to that many miles- we just rolled 160 the other day. I still want your Pilot though! :0)