Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blooming Spring

I loved watching the buds come on the tree outside our balcony, so I decided to take a pic every day to watch them grow. :) One of my goals is to let things be simple in life & savor those small things each day. We had a remarkable women's conference for our stake (church) with the focus on 'small and simple things', which helped amplify the importance of needing that in my life. It's very easy to get caught up in the anxiety and paranoia of wondering what a woman's purpose is if today is just like yesterday: clean, feed kids, clean kids, dress kids, clean, feed kids, clean kids, dress kids, play with kids, feed kids, clean kids, put kids to bed, clean, sleep... repeat. Well, I think we humans just need to be ok with life being simple; let it be simple so you can find all the small beautiful things within it that really bring the joy. It only takes your child smiling at you for a second to feel joy rush over you. Let your life be made up of those moments; it's ok for it not to be more complicated than that.

This brought me joy this week.

5 comments:

Annalisa said...

This collage is really cool. It's hard to believe all those changes from picture to pictureoccured in a days time. WOw!

Kelsey said...

Those are beautiful pictures! That is a great philosophy to live by- no need to over-complicate life!

RK said...

that's absolutely gorgeous, thank you for sharing your joy with me. i might conduct the same photo-experiment.

Christina Updike said...

I really enjoyed this post! It really is easy to feel mundane as a mother doing the same thing day after day. I feel the very same way though that we need to concentrate on the small and simple beautiful things day to day. I love your pictures . . . so pretty!

Irish Cream said...

How rural are you? I'd LOVE to have that view off my balcony! Especially the flowers. We're looking at dead grass and a thermometer that reads 32. I'm still hopeful Spring will arrive again (soon!?!)

Thanks for this post- it has inspired me to also remember the smile and beautiful things in life- my daughter's smile, my baby's laugh, the site of the one-year-old sitting in a nest of diaper wipes...