Monday, November 30, 2009

Savannah!

We just had a fantastic Thanksgiving vacation in Savannah! We figured we didn't live anywhere near family to attend a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, so we took advantage of the 4 day weekend to take a trip. We made a great choice! We all found lots of fun stuff in Savannah! Here's our first day, walking down on River Street & watching the monstrous cargo ships roll in (also notice the old time stairs, probably from 200 years ago; they're as tall as Joe's knees!):

A ship on display for touring:
We headed out to Tybee Island in the afternoon, and it was SO refreshing and relaxing to hang out on the beach again! We realized how much we really loved and missed the ocean (from living by it last summer). It was in the 60's, so too cold for swimming, but we still played and had fun being by the crashing waves!

There was a Christmas street festival on Saturday. The Christmas car we saw was much brighter and flashier in person than this picture gives credit for! Sawyer just loved it!



We have NEVER seen Hunter smile so much in his life!!! He was absolutely in heaven on the beach!




Father and son. Man, they have fun together doing rough & tough boy stuff!








5 comments:

Brittany and Joe said...

Hunter is so cute with all the sand on his face! I love Savanna! I've only really been there in passing a couple of times, but it's so pretty! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Savannah looks gorgeous!

Kelsey said...

Ooh! I'm missing you guys a lot right now!
I'm glad to know it is only a few more weeks!

Kimberlee said...

Those pictures are awesome. I want to go there! Beach and Christmas in the same blog post?? Not fair. And I don't feel sorry for you that is was 60 and too cold to swim. I am so jealous. I am glad you are loving Georgia. It's fun to see pics of your cute boys

Jillian said...

I love all those photo collages. Are they templates or what? Super cute pictures, too. I'm glad you guys had a great time!