Sunday, November 15, 2009

Race Day!

Spring of 2008 I had a post on here about my goal to learn to run & do the 5k at Notre Dame in the fall. The longest I'd run before that was the mile runs in gym class, a looong time ago! A couple of months into my training, I learned I was pregnant; and was completely knocked out sick for the summer. There went that goal!!! Oh well!


After having beautiful baby Hunter & recovering from my second c-section, I reinstated my goal to successfully run a 5k in the fall. I finally had my 5k yesterday, and I WAS successful! No stopping, no side stitch, and I passed a LOT of people, especially at the end when others were slowing down and stopping to walk! Woo hoo! Now the only problem is that I want to do another one & get a better time (this one was 30 minutes).


I chose this race at Turner Field (Atlanta Braves) because they also offered a 10k at a separate time for Joe, and a kids' race for Sawyer. Joe did a great job on his 10k, which was more of a 'fun run' for him compared to his marathon & the impressive training he's putting in (I get to brag about him when I'm the one writing this). :) Sawyer LOVED having a race & a race number AND a race SHIRT!


Fantastic day!!! Does anyone else think it's weird that Coca-cola sponsered the event and had soda at the end, next to the water and Powerade? :)

P.S.- I'm still giddy that it was 75* & sunny... on November 14th (and 15th, actually...). I definitely belong down here!!! :) :) :)

7 comments:

kimberly said...

Way to go! How super fun that Sawyer got to run in a kids race! And yes, the Coke at the end is so faux-pas. Weird. But you guys look great!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How fun! I can't wait until I can run again... How cute that Sawyer got to do a race too! I need to find something like that around here.

Kelsey said...

Amazing! I have a great respect for people who run at all, and much more for people who reach a goal (another impressive thing!).
Sawyer looks so proud of himself!

The Schaefers said...

Good for you guys! You look great!

Theradlife said...

Congratulations, that is soo awesome! On Saturday, I'm actually going to run a 1/2 marathon in Oregon. And PS... You look fantastic!

Shanda said...

I love your pictures!!! I think it is awesome that your whole family got to participate! Way to go Carrie & Family!!

Dave and Jeni Taylor said...

Wow, Carrie! Congrats to you and your family! So cute, I am way jealous about the weather!