Am I the only one who thinks it's awkward to say "Zoo Atlanta" instead of "Atlanta Zoo"?
Ok, now that that's out of the way...
We had such a FUN DAY!!! I was really preparing for disaster spending an entire day at the zoo with two kids by myself, but we stayed for 5 1/2 hours & it was smooth as silk. The weather was cool and mostly cloudy, with a perfect breeze. You can really feel the cool fall air getting ready to roll in.



I think the bird was bigger and/or scarier than he thought it would be:

They have pandas!!! Three of them. This is the one year old male, who's still a little guy about half the size of the adults. He was so cute up in that tree, wiggling around into all different positions:



Timon & his buddies, taking a snuggly nap:

Sawyer chose the bear. It was a really tough choice.

They brought in the elephant for a presentation. They also had to draw his blood, which was kind of weird watching them take it from his floppy ear.

Ewww the naked mole rats. The big teeth can actually move independent from each other (they say it aids in digging efficiency):

The End!
What a fun day!
2 comments:
That zoo looks AWESOME! I'm glad you had such a great day there. 5 1/2 hours has to be a record! But with that many awesome things to look at, its no wonder!
Wow, what a great looking zoo! I can't believe you were there by yourself with two little boys for that long! My kids (and I) would never last! And I love that they have panda bears- my favorite! I've always wanted to see them. How long are you guys in Atlanta?
Post a Comment