Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stone Mountain

On Saturday the 12th, we headed out to Stone Mountain to check it out for the first time. If you'd like to read about Stone Mountain, click here. The brief version is that it's an 825 ft (exposed above the surface) tall rock that comes out of nowhere. It's very intriguing! Then they built a small amusement park around it, and a tram to the top.
Here is a view while riding up the tram:
Sawyer at the top! Don't worry, it doesn't fall off a steep edge, it just looks that way. This side of the rock goes down gradually, and a lot of people just hike up it. Look very closely (or click the pic to see it bigger) to see the city skyline in the distance.

We finally captured Hunter's "Grandpa" face! He only makes this face for a split second at a time, and we always think it's hilarious. I'm so glad the stranger who took this picture actually got it, even if it does kind of ruin what could've been a nice family pic. Haha :)

Ride the Ducks! Have you ever been on one? The land and sea vehicles are good family fun. They even gave each of us a duck bill (it quacks):


Sawyer had a cool experience- the captain invited him up to drive the duck! He got to honk the horn, too. I wish I could've driven the duck.

We also did a 4D movie that was scenes of the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth". It was dinosaurs, and Sawyer absolutely loved it! Ok, ok, we ALL liked it. Getting sprayed with water while watching dinos charge you in 3D is a good time. And now Joe and I know that we don't have to bother renting the actual movie...

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Sawyer is a lucky duck! (pun intended)

Annalisa and Vance said...

Wow, the duck ride sounds awesome. I love Hunter's grandpa face. How funny! Oh, my mom and I went to Stone Mountain last year...but we saw the lights/laser show. That was cool too!

Shanda said...

LOVE that face! So cute! Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are finding lots of fun things to do there! I hope the flooding wasn't too bad near your home though. Don't change your mind about moving to Denver!!!! It will be mid-70's again this weekend!!! Move here!!!!!!

Kimberlee said...

What a beautiful place. It is always fun to see what you have been up to and pics of those cute cute boys