Sawyer had a very nice 3rd birthday on Thursday! We didn't plan anything big since we just had the baby, but we did invite over his favorite friends for cake (and playing).
Sawyer saw this Elmo cupcake cake in the Wal-mart bakery several months ago, and had a HUGE tantrum because he wanted it so badly! I had to promise him that we'd have it for his birthday just to pull him away from it (after literally 10 minutes or so of screaming in the store). He might have forgotten about that promise by now, but I still wanted to keep it. Plus, I wasn't going to be baking him a cake in these circumstances anyway, so it worked out nicely.
One of the intelligent adults suggested they sit to eat their cupcakes with red frosting on the kitchen floor. Smart smart.
Thanks so much to all of Sawyer's friends for coming to celebrate with us! Sawyer had a great time, and was very thankful for all of his friends in his bedtime prayer that night. I can't believe we have a three year old son already! And a second child! Seriously, we aren't as young as I think we are anymore... are we?






3 comments:
Happy B-day Sawyer!! I loved the Elmo cupcake cake idea. I go through the same thing with Q. Even though I don't like the fits I like that he gets excited and passionate about things. It is fun to see how excited he gets when he does get something he really wants.
I hope things are going okay with adjusting with new baby Hunter. He really is a beautiful baby.
Happy Birthday Sawyer! Hope you enjoyed yours too Carrie. How are you adjusting to being a mom of two and how have you been feeling?(And on a side note, 26 and 28 does NOT qualify as being old)!
Happy Birthday Sawyer!
Post a Comment