Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Year 2010

It doesn't seem that long ago that I did this! But alas, another year is done, and I find myself wanting to put it into a neat little summary, to keep things straight!

January 2010:
Hunter turned ONE and got his first haircut. Joe ran his first marathon: The Disney Marathon in Orlando!

February 2010:
Sawyer turned FOUR, and I turned 27 (only two more years until I stop aging! I throroughly intend to stop at 29). It SNOWED in Atlanta on Sawyer's birthday- the first time ATL had that much snow stick in anywhere from 6-20 years, depending on who you asked around town.

March 2010:
Sawyer did T-ball and had a great time. It snowed in Atlanta- AGAIN!

April 2010:
I sprained my ankle at the park with the boys (for the 3rd time). Our car broke down while Joe was driving alone. I chopped my hair the shortest it's ever been (but am now growing it out).

May 2010:
We took the kiddos to DISNEY WORLD for their first time, with the Smiths whom we love. The trip was fantastic!! Then MOM went to San Diego for her getaway girl trip, which was also spectacular!

June 2010:
Sawyer got his first two-wheel bike, we visited the Atlanta Botanical Garden, and me and Joe went to see CONAN O'BRIEN at the Fox Theatre, who is our favorite!

July 2010:
We had a great 4th of July, going to the Marietta parade, and the downtown Atlanta fireworks! We spent lots of time at the pool, and Lake Allatoona for swimming. Hunter had his first trip to the emergency room, because of horrible asthmatic type breathing within an illness (late on a Saturday night- of course).

August 2010:
BOTH of our famillies came to visit us in Atlanta! My parents and baby brother came first, then the next weekend Joe's parents and baby brother came! It was awesome to show them around!
Joe's grandpa Kindt passed away, and we all flew to Milwaukee for the funeral.

September 2010:
We had the most fabulous family vacation ever on Amelia Island, Florida! I finished making my cloth quiet book from scratch (simple-creativity.blogspot.com), and earned my Young Woman Medallion at church (10 years later than I should've)!

October 2010:
Sawyer finished his awesome soccer season, which he LOVED! We got rid of the Subaru & bought our Pilot. We went on an awesome camping trip with our best friends the Schlossers! For Halloween we were a family of pirates. And, we found out we were moving HERE- to NEVADA...

November 2010:
We moved here- to Nevada. We went on a road trip to Vegas for Thanksgiving to see my brothers & sister in law!

December 2010:
Sawyer went ice skating for his first time, we did lots of cute Christmas activities, and had a fun Christmas on our own for the first time (not travelling anywhere or with other family). :) We went to San Francisco/Oakland for Joe's cousin Spencer's wedding.


We've been very blessed this year, to continue to have health and a JOB in this economy! Here's hoping that 2011 will move us for the last time for awhile (I'm tired!). :)

No comments: