Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Fun!

Last Monday Joe took Sawyer ice skating for the first time. While it was difficult and they didn't offer the little kid-walker-things like I'd seen other places, Sawyer still had a great attitude, was determined to do it on his own after some practice, and really had a great time! Notice the beautiful Cactus Jack's casino in the background instead of Christmas lights? Ahhhh.... Nevada.


We had a big snow day on Friday, around 4-6 inches by early afternoon. I got a good workout shoveling the driveway, and Sawyer was determined to try the shovel, too (and cleared a nice line up our walkway).


The boys had a bunch of fun playing out back in our little fenced yard. Hunter even took his boot and sock off of one foot. Luckily Sawyer told me right away. I was inside assembling our mini-gingerbread (graham) houses to decorate that night. I ran out barefoot in the snow to get him. Is that irony? Not sure...


A couple weeks ago when Joe was out of town, the town did their little Christmas tree & gazebo lighting. The high school band was playing Christmas music in the street in black tie, and it was actually pretty cute. The next day there was a parade down the main road full of lit up floats made by different schools/churches/businesses, with Santa at the end.

This is my favorite picture I've taken here so far. The colors were just spectacular that night. This is out our front windows.


1 comment:

Christina Updike said...

I am behind on blogging . . . but I have some great pictures of Lily trying to shovel the snow also. Sawyer is getting so big! What a great helper! LOVE your last picture of the sun setting . . . way to go! Miss you all and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!! (LOVED your Christmas care - so unique!)