Monday, May 18, 2009

Obama Visit

President Obama came to speak at Notre Dame's Commencement Sunday afternoon. There was a lot of controversy over it, which I know made a few headlines, but it went fairly well overall. I counted three outbursts from individuals yelling at him, but they were fairly quickly hauled away by police. His speech went over very well, I thought. He mainly focused on the issue of getting along with every one, despite our differences, to find common ground in creating good in the world, instead of letting differences just breed hate.
Here's Air Force One flying in over Notre Dame, as we were on our way walking to the commencement:

These are the best shots I could get with my camera from the upper level of the arena. I thought they were pretty good, but if you want better I'm sure you can find some of him giving the speech on CNN.com. :)


I liked this one, since you could see him at the podium, and his headshot on the projection screen (since we were behind him and all):


2 comments:

Shanda said...

Your Airforce One shot is AWESOME!!! I want a copy of that! I need to post my pictures soon!

Shanda said...

OH & CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)