Friday, May 2, 2008

Wilmington North Carolina!!!

We found out today that Joe had a few options and was able to CHOOSE where he wanted to go for his internship! Wouldn't you know, the list was all great places: Atlanta, Houston, Wilmington NC, and Schenectady NY. Obviously we chose the place on the OCEAN! No, seriously, Joe picked it because it was the best project for him to work on (each location had a different project that the interns would be doing). It just happened to be a miracle that it's a gorgeous place to go for a summer! Joe will be working on a marketing project for nuclear power, which is the subject he was hoping to work with someday! Sawyer and I will be playing outside with sunshine, palm trees, and the rolling Atlantic ocean. We can't wait!!! Luckily we don't really have to wait: we have to move there in 3 and a half weeks! May is going to be a crazy month!

A few pics of the city of Wilmington:

9 comments:

Shanda said...

Congratulations!!! How fun & exciting! I hope you love it! Good luck with all the moving details!

Saria Butler said...

It's awesome that you get to live on the ocean! If Joe interns there does that mean he will most likely be going back after he graduates for a full time offer? Anyway, congrats!

Kindt Family said...

Saria- the odds are that we wouldn't go back there. If he were able to get a full time offer from them, it would be for a 2 year program where they move us all over the country to different locations about every 6 months. I guess they settle you down after THAT, but they're all over the world! I'm hoping we get lots of adventures!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

What a great attitude to be hoping for all those adventures! And here's our blog: ryan-erica.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lol Carrie.. There are no Palm Trees in North Carolina. If you find any, they are from a nursery. It still gets a little too chilly in the winter for them to survive. There are more pine trees than anything around there. If you take a short trip from Wilmington to the Outer Banks, you will be able to get all the key-lime pie that you want though!

The Atlantic is a beautiful thing.

Kindt Family said...

Hmmm... anonymous, whoever you are, you must be thinking of other areas of NC. I've found countless pictures of the city of Wilmington and there are palm trees around.

tracie said...

Sounds like your summer will be a lot of fun. Enjoy the ocean view for us!!

Annalisa and Vance said...

I am definitely coming to visit. Not sure exactly when, so I'll have to look at a calendar. I didn't know NC had palm trees. Congrats on finding out. I am so glad you guys got to pick!

Lauren said...

In my biased Carolina-native opinion, Wilmington is one of the coolest towns, and has some of the nicest beaches, in the country. Enjoy! My hubby's doing his internship in Atlanta.

-Lauren Richins