Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sawyer's 2nd Birthday!

We celebrated Sawyer's birthday on Sunday, February 10th, even though it's really the 12th (Joe was busy Tuesday). We weren't ready to jump into the world of children's parties yet, so we just had the celebration with three of us. In an effort to help those family members who were saddened not to be there, I've captured the entire afternoon for you! Well... a lot of it, anyway.


Grandma Kindt called just as we were getting ready to start.

We got him a new Thomas DVD that also came with a wooden train for his set.

A gift from Grandma and Grandpa Gayan... hmm, what will it be??

Clothes! And some gift money to go pick out a toy. Thanks, Mom!

I found him a new tie at A Children's Place. They're hard to find, so I snatched one up! Sawyer loves them (notice he asks to put it on right away).

A gift from Grandma and Grandpa Kindt...

A new set of Thomas train cars! The aquarium cars filled with "water" and sea creatures. Very cool!

He's loving the new aquarium cars... hooks them right up to his new "Oliver" car from Mom and Dad.

A new Thomas the Tank Engine book from Mom and Dad- it has a toy camera attached that makes sounds and has a working flash- Sawyer is hooked on it!

One more gift from Mom and Dad...

Another train! It's Donald, the black engine- #9!

All of Sawyer's beloved trains... including the red Brio caboose he stole from Grandma's house over Christmas break.

A big box came in the mail from Great Grandma Gayan! Full of treats!

We had a pasta dinner with mandarin oranges and Jell-o (all favorites of Sawyer of course), followed by his CAKE. I regret to say that I didn't plan a special cake for Sawyer way ahead of time like last year. Sunday afternoon during his nap, I threw this together to look like his figure 8 train track set. There's a bridge with a tunnel, and chunks of brownie to look like a train. Sawyer even blew out his own birthday candle with no problem! The entire time we were singing to him, he was blowing at it (even though we were still holding it far away).





Yum! Happy Second Birthday, Sawyer!

No comments: