Monday, October 8, 2012

Sum Up September!

September was a simple month, but here are some of the pics I did snap!
My friend Erin showed us a park we'd never been to over in Chamblee.  It's RIGHT up against the private airport, full of executive planes and jets and helicopters taking off and landing every few minutes, so the boys LOVE IT.  We even went back again with Hunter's friend, t: 
 




Sawyer started his FOURTH YEAR of soccer (he started at age three)!  We absolutely LOVE this sports league in Marietta called Upward Sports.  It's through the large local baptist church, and is Christian based.  Every week they memorize a scripture, and they have prayer before their games.  It's a good level of teaching and competition for his age, without the SERIOUS competition and time commitment of other leagues.



Once again, Sawyer is the star of the team.  I'm really trying not to sound like it's bragging.  He just really IS the one who does the best. ;)  The other week before a game, I was sitting on the sidelines watching the two teams warm up, with all the other parents.  I was chatting with one of the other dads and said "Is it just me, or does the entire other team look like they're made of third graders?!" (they all looked huge compared to Sawyer & his team).  His response?  "That's fine, because we've got Sawyer on our team!"  Haha :)


Hunter enjoying the game, and showing off his favorite hat:

 
Our last trip to the fountains!  This is one of our favorite free things to do in the city.  Legacy Fountain at Piedmont park is really beautiful & fun for the kiddos, always changing it's spray patterns and heights.  We took along Hunter's BFF, t:
 



A few other, non-pictured events in September:
*My poor wedding ring diamond broke!  :(  Two separate jewelers confirmed it and told me my only choices were to replace the head stone ($3,000) or have it recut, sized way down (nearly as much $$ as a new diamond anyway).  I was so sad, I cried on & off for days.  Joe bought me a really nice quality ring, thinking it'd last forever, not eight years!  Plus we're trying so hard to save up for a house, we didn't want to blow a big chunk of it on a DIAMOND right now.  We called our original jeweler out in Denver, and he was extemely compassionate about it and asked us to send it back to see if they could help us take care of it (we were hoping at a severe discount, or just replacing it with a CZ).  After he received it in the mail, he offered to cut it down (losing only.04 carats he believed), repolish it, recoat the gold, and fix a chip in the gold:  ALL for only $150!!!  It was a miracle!!!  I can't wait to get it back in the mail soon, even though I'm sad my diamond will be smaller.
 
*HAPPY NEWS:  I lost 9 pounds!  :)  I finally made myself count calories again, cutting out all treats, and severely cutting carbs.  It's so painful & I'm grumpy all the time when I do that, but it's very satisfying to have lost some weight!

No comments: