We had a fantastic Fourth of July, but unfortunately I'm an awful photographer, so it doesn't look half as good as it was. :) But I'll show you some of what I got!
Our BFFs the Schlosser's & I set up a picnic with 4 other families at Laurel Park in Marietta. It started raining literally the minute we got there to start setting up! Luckily the rain passed after about 20-30 minutes, and most families arrived right after that. :) We had a fantastic food selection that I'm still dreaming about, but mostly I'm just so glad there was plenty of room for us at the park (we thought parks would be packed)!
I found a new sugar cookie recipe to try out (so I could try out some of these Pinterest icing ideas), and it is totally the WINNER of ALL sugar cookies I've ever had homemade! They're thick and soft like those bakery cookies with the frosting & sprinkles at your supermarket. Totally amazing and addicting!! Here's the link to the recipe (I found a separate icing recipe): Best Rolled Sugar Cookies
We brought water balloons for the kids, assuming it'd be hot & sunny instead of rainy, so mostly the 'grown up boys' just enjoyed throwing them with the lacrosse sticks, and the kids joined in a bit later. :)
Around 8:30 we headed down the street to another park that has a better firework viewing area. It's not RIGHT next to Marietta Square (where the fireworks are shot from), but it's much more comfortable, easier parking, and easier to leave in traffic when it's over. We could still see 90% of them over the treetops, and they were plenty big and loud. :)
Waiting for it to get dark, the kids played with their boxes of "Pop-its" on the sidewalk.
Enjoyed some fountains...
The two below are blurry, but I loved the poses Sawyer and Hunter were making, cheering for the fireworks!
Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle... I think that was his first sparkler! :)
We had a VERY happy 4th with our friends!
How was yours?






No comments:
Post a Comment