
SAWYER STARTED SCHOOL! Can you believe it? We've got a kid in school all day. I didn't think I was that emotional about it all, because we were definitely ready for him to start, but as he climbed up into the big bus, I LOST IT! I could see him through the tinted windows, walking down the aisle of the fairly full bus, looking for a spot to sit down... I was so desperate & nervous
for him, just wanting him to find friends and be ok! He's just a
baby!
He said he had a GREAT day: he didn't get lost, had lots of grown-ups helping him, found a friend on the bus AND a friend in his class, and everyone was really nice. I'm so relieved!!!
It did pull on my heart strings tonight, when Joe told me something that Sawyer had told him in private: That it was a really long day at school, and he wanted to be home with Mom & Hunter. ....*sniff*.....*tear*....
2 comments:
Awww!! My kids went to school all day for the first time this year, too (they did half day kindergarten), and the second day around lunch time I lost it when I realized I was cooking for one!
Wow! I didn't realize Sawyer started this year too! It's so strange to watch these kids grow up. It's fun too!
Post a Comment