On Saturday we went for a drive to check out the little town of Genoa. It's the very first settlement in Nevada, and it's about 9 miles northwest of us, up against the mountains. It's kept a very cute "Western" style in its architecture, has a quirky colorful Victorian neighborhood, and is completely taken over by DEER!
When we first came upon this herd of deer right up against the road, I thought we were witnessing an awesome unique moment, so I snapped some pictures.
Later when we got out of the car, we noticed that there were deer 'pellets' everywhere. I mean everywhere. And from then on, practically every yard we looked in had a deer or two (or three or four) in it. They rule the town, kind of like when you find a duck pond where the ducks aren't scared to come right up and eat out of your hand. We drove around with the windows down and Hunter calling out "HI DURR!" to them all.






No comments:
Post a Comment