Sunday, January 9, 2011

Out For a Drive

Yesterday I took the boys for a drive, to go look at Lake Tahoe & hopefully get some nice pictures. When I left it was sunny, but by the time I got over there it was overcast. These aren't postcard worthy by any means, but still thought I'd share. :)
First up: This is a picture of our valley (Carson Valley) from very high up the Sierra Mountains on our west side, on our drive to Tahoe. It's hard to see since we're so high up, but the city is the blobby dark strip that starts after all those initial white snowy fields of cows. Those mountains on the opposite, east, side are called the Pine Nut Mountains.

Tahoe from the SW (California) side, by Emerald Bay:
Tahoe from the SE (Nevada) side

Cave Rock, which juts down to the water on the left side:


2 comments:

Shanda said...

Wow those pictures are beautiful!!! I need to call you btw. I LOVE the blanket!!! Thank you so much! It was so sweet to come home to such a great gift! And it is beautiful! You did a great job!

Theradlife said...

I miss Tahoe! 2-3 times a year I went there from good ol' Sacramento. Jealous that you're that close now!