Sunday, September 26, 2010

Atlanta's Central Park

Saturday we went down to Piedmont Park, which is considered Atlanta's 'Central Park'. It's absolutely beautiful. Wide open green lawns, plenty of rolling green hills and shade trees for everyone to have their own little picnic spots, a lake, plenty of sports fields, and stunning views of the city skyline. Couldn't have asked for a better afternoon!


We met our friends there for their son's first birthday (Finn is seriously cute). We were invited there because they wanted to do a 'balloon launch'. We expected a big bunch of balloons, "UP" style, but he actually was attaching them all to one single ribbon, as it towered up into the sky. They did 100 balloons, and it was seriously cool looking!!!

The wind made it a little tricky (very close to being tangled in a tree), but was generally just the right amount to also make it look really mesmerizing! We're glad we got to be a part of it!


2 comments:

Erin said...

So glad you were a part of it too!

Shanda said...

Those pictures are beautiful!!! I love all the grass! I can't believe how much I miss GRASS! That balloon thing is awesome! How did they do that!? I would love to do that with my girls once our weather cooperates!