I'm usually not so late in posting! We had a great Fourth, but I didn't take many pictures. Saturday the third we went to Marietta Square to see the parade. We arrived early enough to get seats right up front, so the boys loved it. Sawyer got to high-five a firefighter which made his day, and we went home with about a dozen flags! :) It was a gorgeous day, not too hot to sit outside for hours (which is rare for GA this time of year), so it was a wonderful day!




On Sunday the Fourth we had church of course, but later went to a friend's house for a big group BBQ, which also included all 6-8 (?) of the missionaries that were serving in our ward. After that we jumped on the MARTA (the train) to Centennial Park downtown for the "Best Fireworks East of the Mississippi!" We showed up a little after 8pm, and didn't even get into the park; it was FULL & the fire marshall closed the gates! SO, the streets were crowded shoulder to shoulder for BLOCKS, and that's how we stood to watch the fireworks from the sidewalk outside the park gates. It was a crazy night! I didn't even attempt to get my backpack off to pull out the camera within all that craziness (but I should've)! If we live here again, I think we learned our lesson not to try & go there again for fireworks! :)
2 comments:
Happy 4th! You have such a cute family. I remember when we would spend basically every holiday with eachother... I'm missing the good ol' days!
Jealous! We really wanted to go to a parade this year, but the only parade that went on was at the same time we were assigned to clean the church. Also, some of our friends went and said it was pretty lame. Oh well! Glad you had a great day!
Post a Comment