Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Allatoona!

The boys and I went to Lake Allatoona for the first time last week, with my friend Adri & her five kiddos. It is a really cool spot, and I can't believe we didn't know about it sooner (we've been here for over a year)! It's only a 30 minute drive to this spot, which is beautiful. It's in Georgia's rolling little mountains, and so densely wooded it reminds me of being in Northern Wisconsin. The water here is incredibly warm, and surprisingly clear compared to other lakes I'm used to (seaweed & whatnot).


Sawyer did not come out of the water for a drink or snack or lunch. We were there for nearly five hours. He just wanted to keep diving in his goggles, trying to catch the little fish with his bucket, find rocks, or play other games with his buddy Jordan.

We can't wait to go back & take Joe or some other friends along! :)

3 comments:

Christina Updike said...

Okay, so you have sold me on Georgia! So beautiful and fun!! I love it!

Shanda said...

That looks like so much fun!

Brittany said...

It is seriously so pretty there. We have to plan a trip together sometime :)