Joe's had his golden birthday on the 29th & requested a quiet celebration this year. Around Christmas time, Joe usually comes up with what he'd like for his birthday treat, so that I can prepare in advance (I'm really not sure how this tradition started, but I think it's fun!). So far, the list has been:
2006: A vanilla raspberry trifle
2007: A four layer chocolate cake
2008: A cake that looks like a hamburger
2009: A peanut butter cup cake (all chocolate & peanut butter)
2010: A chocolate chip cheesecake topped with a pile of brownies
I made a bunch of his favorite foods for breakfast, lunch & dinner, then had our favorite friends over for cake in the evening. Happy birthday to Joe!
AND
Happy birthday to me!
My birthday was the 7th, and since it was a Sunday AND the SUPERBOWL, we decided to celebrate Saturday night instead. We got a babysitter (thanks Ruth!!), and Joe took me out to a fantastic restaurant downtown called the Sundial. It's at the top of a 72 story cylinder skyscraper, and it slowly rotates to give you views of the entire city as you dine. There was spectacular service, and it was really hard to tear me away from the amazing views of the city at night (we dined for almost 3 hours)! My favorite part was that we were right next to Centennial Olympic Park, where they have the Olympic rings water fountain show, similar to the Bellagio in Vegas. It was really cool to watch from above!






6 comments:
What fun birthdays! And we LOVE the Sundial! Atlanta in general just rocks :-) Great cheesecake too - what a fun tradition, you'll have to post photos of all Joe's previous bday requests ;-)
I think you guys are kind of lucky, you do all your birthdays in a short amount of time and then you don't really have to worry about it for a long time. Glad to hear it went great though.
I turn the big 27 in a few weeks too, and was just thinking how close to 30 that is. Your birthday treat tradition for Joe sounds so fun and looks delicious!
longdebut.tumblr.com
Shhh, I turned 27 last year. ;)
But, in a way, it was nice, because saying that I was 26, that I was married,graduated from college, and had three children just didn't feel right--and I'd get weird looks. So now, I like being able to say I'm a little bit older. Somehow, it sounds better.
Happy Birthday to ALL of you! I'm so glad you got to celebrate in style!
Happy Birthday guys!
Glad you both enjoyed your birthdays!
Post a Comment