Here are my two very first attempts at knitting something other than a square (or rectangle)! I just finished this blue and lime sweater today (it's my 2nd sweater, the 1st is below), and it took about 3 weeks worth of "here-and-there" knitting. The pattern, buttons, and starting lime green yarn was from Joe's mom, Kristen. It's still kind of big on him now, but it should fit him great next winter!
Here is my FIRST sweater I tried making for Sawyer. It's not fantastic, but I'm still really happy with it considering it was my first attempt at knitting SHAPES of ANY kind! I also ended up with way too many button holes (spaced them too close together, and didn't want to throw off the spacing, so just kept making them close together... there are a lot of buttons)! I enjoyed him modeling it for me!






4 comments:
So you make more than scarves...very nice Carrie. I have the hamburger picture as my desktop picture right now. Its so cool. Sawyer seems happy with his new sweaters! I am too. They look very cute and would probably be super expensive if bought at a store. Way to be domestic Carrie...I have a lot to learn.
I still remember our midnight trips to Walmart on Saturday night to attempt to make a skirt, shirt, etc. on a Saturday night. You've improved on making clothes WAY more than I have. I will one day attempt, but yours look GREAT!
Really proud of you. Mom
That is awesome! Nice work! Lets do that for our next play group! That is incredible!!!
Post a Comment